Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Pcodex-online.com is?
2. Who is the target public?
3. What services can I find?
4. Can I publish with Pcodex-online.com?
5. What is the Political News Alert?
7. How can I become a Codex-politics.com Partner?
8. Who are we?
9. Which IT platform do we use?
· A community consisting of contributors and users worldwide, being able to interact with each other through Pcodex-Online.
· An interactive database containing politic information.
· A refined and highly competitive research tool for international politic documents.
The target public consists of the following people:
· Other members of the politic profession.
· Banks, Insurances, Consultancy companies.
· Large companies.
· Public authorities, i.e. Governments, Parliaments, and local governments.
· Political science students.
Starting on 1st February 2002, an e-mail-based news service (Political News Alert) will be made available to users. This service will be tailored to their specific requests regarding the category of information they want to have the most direct access to.
Affiliations with providers of additional services will be established.
Translations of political documents will be sold to users at their request. The "e-commercial" dimension of Pcodex-Online will furthermore include the sale of CD-ROM compilations of articles and other materials as far as copyright law allows, etc.
Specialised Yellow Pages: this service allows contributors and users of Pcodex-Online to enhance their visibility on the site through a detailed presentation in this directory.
Partnerships in the field of career opportunities, employment, and events in the political field will be thought.
Intranet and extranet applications mirroring the Pcodex-online.com knowledge management system and possibly parts of its content shall be developed and sold.
Web sites building package.
Every political mind is welcome to publish any political document or article. Those wishing to publish on the site only need to register, and then send in their contribution(s). After a back office verification of author and content - designed to keep the site free of Spam - the document(s) will become available online.
The users of Pcodex-online.com define the political subjects in which they want to be updated weekly on developments, as well as the countries of interest and the language(s) that should be used. The e-mails, which they receive, contain news, articles and press releases in the specified fields, with hypertext links to the full document whose abstract is included in the news mail.
On the Pcodex-Online main page as well as on the respective "national" pages of Pcodex-Online - reflecting the language and political reference system of the user - partnerships with interested entities will be established, trading the use of Pcodex-Online facilities with the payment of a sponsorship sum. These partnerships are defined as commercial, in that the association of relevant business entities with Pcodex-Online is aimed at yielding commercial benefits for both parties concerned.
Contact us if you believe that your company could be interested in a partnership with us, and so establish a common marketing campaign, respectively advertise on our web site.
The team behind Pcodex-online.com:
- Frank Engel, a lawyer by training, has been working as a political adviser to former Commission President Jacques Santer and one of the current political majority's parliamentary groups. One year ago, he has also successfully launched Codex - the sole legal monthly on the Luxembourgish market - together with Marc Rauchs.
- Marc Rauchs is an independent business consultant with an academic background in management and finance. He has run his own business since leaving university four years ago. He was one of the initiators of Codex magazine of which he is still the editor.
Pcodex-online.com uses Lotus Notes for its database and administration of services.